Saturday, December 6, 2014

Reindeer Pops!

Well I had to bring a dessert to a holiday party and I thought Reindeer Cake Pops would be fun!  I had my 4 year old help- he had more chocolate on him than the pop but that was half the fun!  They turned out great!  Everybody loved them and they were easy to display!  If you want to try them make sure you have pretzels, red hots and eyes handy!  They are easy to assemble but they cool quickly!


Here is the recipe I followed:

Make your favorite cake.  (I used Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge- it was on sale at Target for $1.00.)
Allow cake to cool.  Crumble cake into a large bowl.  Add one batch of frosting- I chose to use chocolate fudge from scratch but a can would work too!  Mix frosting and cake together.  Chill dough.  Once chilled roll cake mixture into small balls and freeze.

Heat chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.  Before dipping add stick to the cake ball.  Dip cake ball into the melted chocolate.  Press eyes, nose, antlers, and ears into the cake pop.  Allow chocolate to harden. Once hardened add a mouth if desired with white or black royal frosting.  Hope you have a  happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment