Friday, October 3, 2014

A Spook-tacular Halloween Idea!!!

Although the weather still feels HOT like summer here in Malibu, the calendar says it is October, so we decided it was time to begin decorating the room for Halloween!  Today our firsties made our Ghostly Halloween Glyph!  It was a super easy and very low prep project and the students had a great time!  If you want to try it out, we have the ghost templates and glyph key available for free on our TPT Store or you can grab it by clicking here!


When they had finished their Ghost Glyph I decided to use them to decorate my classroom front door.  To start I covered the door with black butcher paper.  Then I cut out three orange pumpkins (small, medium, and large).  I wrote Trick-Or-Treat on the pumpkins and stacked them on top of each other.  Sounds easy, but it was so hot today that I had to glue the pumpkins onto the butcher paper! Tape just wouldn't stick!


I backed the Ghost Glyph Key and put it up alongside our adorable ghosts flying around the pumpkins!  The kids were so excited the next morning when I opened the door and were asking their parents to find their ghost at pick-up!  Let us know if you try this!  We'd love to see your pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment