Monday, March 6, 2017

Hurray for Dr Seuss!

                                               Dr Seuss inspired artwork!



Today we had Dr. Seuss Spirit Day at school!  Everyone was invited to come dressed up as their favorite Dr Seuss character. It was so much fun and everyone was so creative! Our office staff even got into the school spirit and brought One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, and Blue Fish to life! My TK students were so excited to join in the fun. When I opened my door this morning, I was surrounded by Cat in the Hat, Thing 1, The Grinch, a Snitch, and even Mr Brown. In class we talked about Dr Seuss and I shared a short video about his life on BrainPopJr. We read many of his books and looked at his illustrations. Then we drew our own characters from our imagination. Some of us even wrote stories about them. The highlight of the day was making a Thing 1 and Thing 2 craft with our 4th grade buddies. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment